- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of salt and freshly-cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup water, or more if needed
- optional topping ideas: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, toasted pine nuts, chopped roasted red peppers, basil pesto
- Add first seven ingredients (chickpeas thru salt/pepper) to a food processor, and blend until smooth. Add in the water and continue blending until the hummus reaches your desired consistency, adding additional water if needed.
- Garnish with optional toppings and serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
photo and recipe: gimmesomeoven.com