- 1 6-inch baguette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- sliced provolone cheese
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Slice the baguette into ½-inch rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil.
- Bake for for 6 minutes until slightly crispy.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Season chicken breasts to taste (salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika) and cook on the stove top.
- When chicken is fully cooked, melt a slice of provolone cheese over each breast.
- Rub the garlic into one side of the baguette slices, then spoon the tomato mixture evenly across the slices and the chicken.
photo: domesticsuperhero.com // adapted from recipe by: Tasty on Buzzfeed