adapted from recipe by damndelicious.net
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup quinoa [or couscous]
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lime [optional]
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in couscous, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Top with avocado and lime juice [if desired].
- Serve immediately.