- 1¼ lbs. chicken breast tenders
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot flour
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment with olive oil.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs.
- In another shallow dish, combine the flours, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and optional cayenne.
- With a paper towel, pat the chicken breast tenders dry and place on a plate.
- Make an assembly line with the ingredients in this order. Chicken, egg wash, breading and pan.
- Dunk the chicken tenders into the egg wash, let excess egg drip off before coating the chicken tender generously with breading (really press the breading onto the chicken to make sure it sticks). For a thicker breading, you can repeat the egg wash and breading step once more. Set breaded chicken tenders on the pan and repeat.
- Spray breaded chicken tenders with olive oil spray. This will help them brown up.
- Place the pan in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip carefully and bake for another 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of chicken tenders. For extra crisp, broil for 1-2 minutes (watch closely).
- When chicken strips are done baking, remove from oven and let set for 3-4 minutes on pan.
- Then, drizzle with Buffalo Sauce to your liking and brush to coat.
Pan-fry for extra crispy Buffalo Chicken Strips. Coat pan liberally with oil. Once oil is hot, add breaded chicken tenders. May need to reduce heat to prevent burning. Cook chicken on both sides for 3-6 minutes. Time will depend on how thick chicken tenders are. Once done, remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, and then drizzle and gently toss with Buffalo Sauce to your liking.
photo and recipe: therealfooddrs.com