- 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts [cashews and walnuts also make a great pesto]
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the basil, garlic, and nuts in a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped.
- Add the olive oil and pulse again until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately or make a bigger batch and freeze the leftovers.
NOTE: Ice cube trays make a good vessel to freeze finished pesto. Simply pour the pesto in the small cubes and freeze. When making a recipe with pesto, thaw a few cubes and you’ve got your pesto.
recipe and photo – paleoleap.com