- 1 pound tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 large strip of lemon peel
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tbsp diced butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- Place the water, lemon strip and apples in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Let cook for about 10 minutes, until the apples are soft.
- Remove the lemon peel, place the rest in a blender and process to a smooth puree.
- Return to the saucepan and reheat.
- When hot, stir in and melt the butter, ghee, or coconut oil.
- Serve immediately when warm.
recipe and photo – paleoleap.com