- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- salt, to taste
- Boil water in a pot. Once it’s at a boil, add almonds. Make sure they are all submerged in water.
- Blanch for 4-5 minutes in boiling water. Remove from pot and let them cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Then peel the skins off by pinching the almonds. This should be easy; if it is not blanch for longer.
- Take all naked almonds, and place in oven on high broil for 2 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Place toasted almonds into food processor. Process for 12 minutes, occasionally stirring sides. Add coconut oil throughout the processing to make it smoother. Salt to taste, and enjoy!
recipe and photo bravoforpaleo.com