adapted from recipe by eatingwell.com
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables (thawed)
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat one teaspoon oil in a large flat-bottomed wok or large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add eggs and cook, without stirring, until fully cooked on one side, about 30 seconds. Flip and cook until just cooked through, about 15 seconds. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add one tablespoon oil to the skillet along with onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until onions have softened, about 1-2 minutes. Add vegetables and cook until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer the contents of the skillet to a large plate.
- Add remaining one tablespoon of oil to the skillet; add rice and stir until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. As you stir, pull the rice from the bottom to the top so it all gets coated with oil and evenly cooked.
- Return the vegetables and eggs to the skillet; add soy sauce and stir until well combined.