adapted from recipe from bakerbynature.com
- 40 Mini-pretzels (be sure to use whole, unbroken ones)
- 40 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 10 ounces, semi-sweet chocolate [I used chips since they are melt easily]
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 40 whole pecan halves, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Arrange the pretzels in neat rows on the pan, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped caramel. Place the pan into the oven for a minimum of 6 minutes, or until the caramels are softened [mine took almost 10 minutes]; remove the pan from the oven.
- Gently press a toasted pecan half onto each caramel; set aside and cool completely.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate, coconut oil, cinnamon, and vanilla. You can do this on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- When the caramel covered pretzels have cooled, remove them from the baking sheet.
- Place a few in the bowl of melted chocolate, stir them around to coat completely, then remove them one at a time, allowing excess chocolate to drip off; repeat until all pretzels have been dipped; transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Alternatively, you can simply drizzle each bon bon with chocolate.
- Allow chocolate coating to cool completely before serving.