adapted from recipe by twopeasintheirpod.com
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 package grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and chopped [or whatever kind of olives you prefer]
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain the tortellini and rinse with cold water.
- Place the tortellini in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, red onion [I sautéed my onions because I like the flavor more], and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until salad is well coated. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator.
***Note: This salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.***