adapted from recipe by food.com
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, at room temp [Organic Valley]
- 1 cup granulated sugar [raw turbinado sugar]
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour [King Arthur 100% Organic]
- 1/2 cup milk [almond milk]
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
optional topping ingredients
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar [raw turbinado], mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin, if desired.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.