adapted from recipe by damndelicious.net
- 8 ounces lo mein egg noodles [or wide lo mein noodles]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 cups baby spinach
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons [reduced sodium if preferred] soy sauce, or more, to taste [I used 3 tbsp for wide noodles]
- 2 teaspoons sugar [I used raw turbinado]
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook lo mein egg noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, bell pepper, and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas and spinach until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and soy sauce mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.