- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium celery stalks
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 cups organic chicken broth or vegetable broth [for all you vegetarians]
- 1 medium onion, wedged
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Place everything but the mushrooms and green onions into a slow cooker.
- Add in the bottom halves of the chopped green onions at this time and reserve the green upper halves for garnishing.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- There isn’t any reason to cut up the veggies because they are just there to cook in their flavors!
- An hour before serving remove the cooked veggies from the crock pot with a slotted spoon.
- You can toss these, use them up in another yummy recipe, or serve them on the side.
- Place the sliced mushrooms into the crock pot with the broth.
- Give it all a good stir.
- Cover to cook for another hour or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Divide among bowls and serve!
*No time for the crock pot? Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil for five minutes. Reduce heat and let simmer for 45 minutes. Remove cooked veggies with a slotted spoon. Add sliced mushrooms. Serve.
photo and recipe by theskinnyfork.com