- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium potato
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese [nix the cheese to make it paleo]
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sautéing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
- Spray the inside of an 8×8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme and top with the softened onion and garlic.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and potatoes are soft.
recipe by budgetbytes.com