adapted from recipe on Pinterest
- 3 medium golden potatoes – skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup green onion
- salt and pepper
- Wash the potatoes and cut medium dice into square pieces. To prevent any browning, place the already cut potatoes in a bowl filled with water.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Tilt the skillet so the oil spreads evenly.
- Once the oil is hot, drain the potatoes and add to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring the potatoes often, until brown.
- Add the minced garlic and toss. Season once more. Add green onion. Control heat as needed.
- Let the garlic cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Just before serving, drizzle over the maple syrup and toss. Let that cook another minute, giving the potatoes are caramelized effect.