- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp & 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees with cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add the eggs, butter, and buttermilk to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Once the oven reaches 400 degrees, allow the skillet to heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- Pour oil into hot skillet.
- Pour mixture into the skillet
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
photo: King Arthur Flour