for the cake:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
for the icing:
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 box 10-X confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. clear vanilla
- Sift dry ingredients together in small bowl.
- In mixing bowl, combine oil and eggs.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to this. Mixture will be fairly thick.
- Add the carrots.
- Line bottom of two baking pans with parchment or wax paper to prevent crusty edges.
- Bake at 375 for approx. 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into layer comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes after removing from oven, then cool completely on wire racks.
- Cream butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Spread on cooled cake.
recipe: Angie King // photo: myrecipes.com