- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp homemade or Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the yolks in a bowl [blender or food processor] with the mustard and 1 tsp lemon juice and mix those ingredients together.
- Start whisking vigorously [blender or food processor on low] while dripping the oil very slowly, even drop by drop in the beginning. You’re creating an emulsion and if you put too much oil at once, it will separate and will be very hard to save. Whisk non-stop and use a towel under the bowl to help stabilize it.
- As you add more oil, the emulsion will form and the mayonnaise will start to thicken and you can pour the oil faster at this point.
- When the oil is incorporated and the mayonnaise is thick, add the rest of the lemon juice and taste your creation.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
recipe and photo – paleoleap.com