- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, or chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chipotle powder, divided
- (1 tbsp for sauce & 1 tbsp for rubbing into chicken)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and 1 Tbsp chipotle powder. I like to rub the chicken with a little bit of olive oil because it helps keep all the juices in the chicken and the chicken stays tender & juicy.
- Reduce heat to medium and place chicken in skillet. Do not overcrowd the skillet. Work in batches if necessary. Cook chicken over medium heat for about 5 – 6 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, mix juice of 1 lime, honey and the other 1 Tbsp chipotle powder.
- After chicken is done, place it on a plate and brush with the honey chipotle mixture. You can serve it with your favorite side of vegetables, over mashed potatoes, rice, quinoa or top a big green salad.
recipe and photo delicousmeetshealthy.com