- 1 .75 to 1-pound salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil + more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- In a small bowl or blender, combine the orange zest, grated ginger, mustard, garlic, orange juice, and 1 tablespoons of oil. Whisk or blend until well combined.
- Place the salmon fillet in a large zip-lock bag and pour the marinade into it. Allow the salmon to marinate overnight or at least for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, place oven on the high broil setting and move one of the oven wracks to the notch that’s second to the top.
- Place salmon (including the marinade) in a casserole dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the top of the salmon is crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy
*makes three servings
photo and recipe – theroastedroot.net