- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 large beets
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Wash and dry veggies.
- Use a mandolin to cut very thin, round pieces of sweet potatoes and collect in a large serving bowl.
- Do the same for the beets. Place in a separate bowl as beets will stain.
- Pour olive oil over the rounds in both bowls and toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle salt and additional spices, if desired and toss to coat.
- Spread the “chips” on parchment paper line cooke tray in a single layer, one by one in a row.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip the chips, rotate the pan, and put back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- The chips will be soft when they come out of the oven, but will crisp as they cool.
*Every oven is different, so watch carefully the last 5-10 minutes as they burn quickly. Beet chips take longer to cook than sweet potato chips.*