- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1-2 tsp. ghee
- 4 cups hash browns (or shredded potatoes)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 10 whole eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup non-dairy unsweetened milk
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350350℉. Grease a 9×13 or large casserole dish of similar size.
- On medium high heat, brown ground sausage in a large skillet. Once no longer pink, drain and remove from the skillet and place on a plate with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Next add the ghee to the skillet on medium high heat. Add the hash browns and cook until lightly brown. Once hash browns are cooked, spread out on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In that same skillet, add additional ghee if needed as well as the peppers and onions and sauté until tender and cooked through.
- Top the potatoes with the sausage and peppers and onions.
- Whisk together eggs, non-dairy milk, salt and pepper and pour over all contents.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is cooked through.
photo and recipe: therealfooddrs.com