- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 date, pitted
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large mangos, peeled pitted and diced
- 2 avocados diced and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
In a high powered blender or food processor, combine all of the marinade ingredients and process until fully combined and smooth.
Coat all four chicken breasts with the jerk paste. Place in a large ziplock bag and place in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes, preferably 2 hours.
When you’re ready to cook, take your chicken out of the fridge. Preheat a grill or skillet to high heat. When it’s up to temperature place the chicken on the hot grill or skillet. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes until it’s no longer pink in the middle.
Remove the chicken from the heat and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting in. While it’s resting you can make your mango salsa.
Make your mango salsa by combining all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Serve the chicken with rice or cauliflower rice and top with the mango salsa and enjoy!
photo and recipe: asaucykitchen.com