- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tbsp pure lard, melted (can use bacon fat or other fat of choice)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- red pepper flakes, as desired
- pinch of nutmeg
- additional lard, for frying
- Add the ground turkey and 2 tbsp melted lard to a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix together.
- In a separate small bowl, add the fennel, garlic powder, black pepper, sage, salt, and onion powder and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the pork and mix to combine. Form the pork into 8 equal sized patties.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp lard in a frying pan. When the pan is hot, add the sausage patties (cook in batches if necessary) and cook 2-4 minutes per side until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
photo and recipe: whattheforkfoodblog.com