Gazpacho is a cold tomato-based soup perfect in the summer time for a satisfying, yet refreshing soup with an acidic taste.
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 bell pepper, minced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- seas salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- sliced lemon and extra fresh parsley for garnishing
- Place a medium-sized pot of water on the stovetop and bring to a boil.
- Score an X on the bottom of each tomato and boil for 30 seconds before draining them and putting them in a bowl of cold water, making sure to reserve the hot water.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the skin from the tomatoes and cut them in cubes.
- Add all the ingredients to the reserved hot water and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Cover and cool in the refrigerator.
- When cold, serve with slices of fresh lemon and fresh parsley on top.
- Serve in bowls with a wedge of lemon on the side and some extra grated ginger as a garnish if desired.
recipe and photo – paleoleap.com