- Brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- good-quality butter for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash the sprouts and remove the outer layer of leaves and any that are yellow or ugly-looking. Cut off the brown stubs and slice in half.
- Arrange the sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet or shallow roasting pan, cut side up. Drizzle with good olive oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh-ground pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip the sprouts over and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender and the outsides are nicely colored.
- Serve with extra salt and pepper and (my favorite) good-quality butter. Enjoy!
photo and recipe – butteredsideupblog.com