- 15 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon canola oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- sea salt, add to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Empty chickpeas into a colander. Rinse until no longer foamy and drain. Put chickpeas onto paper towels to pat dry. (Optional: remove skins from chickpeas. Not necessary, but recommended).
- Place chickpeas in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, or until chickpeas are crunchy. (If they’re soft, put them back in for 5 minutes until crunchy).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk honey and oil. Add hot chickpeas and toss to coat. Pour chickpeas back on lined baking sheet and return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until caramelized. Sprinkle with sea salt, as desired, and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
*makes 4 servings.
recipe and photo by alldaskitchen.com