adapted from recipe by darebee.com
Also known as “No-Bake Breakfast Bars,” these delicious bars were quite the hit at a recent recipe swap I attended. The name comes from one of my best friends, Liz, who said they tasted just like the famous Do-Si-Do Girl Scout Cookies. Here’s the recipe along with the nutritional info:
- 5 cups uncooked oats [I used old-fashioned rolled oats]
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut cream or milk [coconut cream can be found in the area of the grocery store where the ingredients for mixed drinks are located…this was news to me]
- 3 tbsp honey
- Whisk the coconut cream or milk in a KitchenAid stand mixer* until the mixture is smooth.
- Add honey and mix well.
- Add peanut butter and mix until well blended.
- Add uncooked oatmeal and mix well.
- Flatten the mix in a dish.
- Chill in the fridge overnight (or minimum 2hrs) then cut into 12, 14, or 16 bars. The longer they are refrigerated, the better and more bar-like they become.
*You can alternatively mix by hand, but I found that this way is much more efficient and allows for easier clean up.
16 bars / 280 Calories per bar / 10g protein / 16g fat / 27g carbohydrates
14 bars / 320 Calories per bar / 11g protein / 18g fat / 31g carbohydrates
12 bars / 373 Calories per bar / 13g protein / 21g fat / 36g carbohydrates