adapted from recipe by Kelly Shaw
- 1/2 cup freshly ground peanut butter
- 1/3 cup local honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla pure extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed [we use Bob’s Red Mill]
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips [we use Enjoy Life semi-sweet chips from Whole Foods]
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. [I microwave the peanut butter and honey for 30 seconds to make them easier to mix.]
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
- Shape into 1-inch balls [or use a medium cookie scoop].
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.