adapted from recipe by recipage.com
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups shredded cauliflower (one large head)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons organic flour
- 2 cups organic chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (half used for garnish)
- 2 green onions, chopped (used for garnish)
- Whisk together flour and 1/4 cup chicken broth in a small bowl then set aside.
- Cook chopped onion and garlic to the pot then season with salt and pepper and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to the pot then stir to combine. Add water then place a lid on top and steam cauliflower until tender, stirring a couple times, about 5-7 minutes. Add remaining chicken broth and milk then turn up heat and bring to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in flour/chicken broth mixture while stirring, then turn down heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until chowder has thickened. Turn off heat then stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese until smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Serve topped with remaining shredded cheese and green onions.