- 6 ears of corn, husked
- 1/3 cup crema *see note for substitution
- 4 tbsp lime juice, fresh is best
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat a grill to medium heat. Add the corn, turning occasionally until slightly charred on each side.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Holding the corn by the small end, cut off all of the kernels.
- Place the kernels in a big bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Fold gently with a rubber spatula, seasoning with additional salt as needed.
- Serve slightly warm, room temperature or cold.
Note: Crema is like a Mexican sour cream, and is found usually by the meat department with Hispanic items or the cheese. If you can’t find it, you can substitute 3 tablespoons sour cream and 5 tablespoons mayonnaise.
photo and recipe: ohsweetbasil.com