- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated upside-down for several hours or overnight
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment and set aside. Set a bowl in freezer for making coconut cream.
- Toss 1 cup of berries with coconut oil and vinegar (don’t worry if the oil’s clumpy), and arrange on baking sheet. Roast 15 – 20 minutes, or just until juices begin to release and edges darken. Set aside to cool.
- Toss roasted berries and any juices with remaining fresh berries, and sugar or honey if using, and set aside.
- To make coconut cream, remove can from fridge, leaving it upside-down and being careful not to jostle it. Use a can opener to open the bottom, pour off the translucent liquid, and reserve.
- Scoop thick white coconut cream into chilled bowl. Whip on medium until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add a drizzle or two of reserved coconut liquid to smooth things out.
- In small bowls, layer berries and coconut cream, and serve immediately.
photo & recipe: brooklynsupper.com