Skip to content
- 5 medium russet potatoes (peeled & chopped into half-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar, shredded (plus extra for topping)
- a few cranks of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (plus extra for topping)
- chives or green onions, chopped (for topping)
- Chop your veggies and toss them in the pot.
- Next add veggie broth, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Seal the Instant Pot lid and cook on manual, high-pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, turn the valve from sealing to venting to quick release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and gently mash the potatoes with a potato masher or large fork. You can also cut through them with a knife for chunkier pieces of potatoes.
- Add cheese and milk. Stir to your desired consistency.
- Add more milk until you reach your desired soup thickness.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice.
photo: peasandcrayons.com // recipe: peasandcrayons.com & livinglocurto.com
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: