- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked onions
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes (fire-roasted variety)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp low fat cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Combine onions, water, tomatoes, cream cheese, and garlic in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon tomato mixture back into pan.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Garnish with basil and croutons if desired.