- 1 (14.75 ounce) can wild-caught pink salmon
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced (about 2 tbsp.)
- 2 scallions, white and green, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- zest from one lemon
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the liquid from the salmon and using your fingers, crumble the fish into a large mixing bowl, removing the bones and flaking the fish. Add the sweet potato, eggs, almond flour, parsley, scallions, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, hot pepper sauce, paprika, black pepper, and lemon zest. Mix well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Brush the parchment paper with some of the melted ghee, then use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the cakes and drop them onto the parchment. The patties should be about 2 1/2 inches wide and about 1 inch thick. Brush the tops of the cakes with ghee, then bake for 20 minutes. Carefully flip each patty with a spatula and return to the oven. (Brush with more ghee if that tickles your fancy.) Bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and your sauce of choice.
photo and recipe: meljoulwan.com