- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 6)
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- sprouted-grain bread (or wraps or Bibb lettuce)
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 2 tablespoons Sun-dried Tomato Hemp Basil Pesto (from above)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1-2 thin tomato slices
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt & pepper
- For the pesto: Mince garlic in a food processor. Add the rest of the pesto ingredients and process until the pesto is smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Toast the bread in a toaster.
- Spread bread with hummus and pesto (one on each). Layer on the avocado, tomato, and lettuce. Sprinkle on red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Slice in half and enjoy!
photo and recipe: ohsheglows.com