- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced on a long angle into pieces approximately 3 inches long
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- ½ cup pomegranate arils or seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a sheet pan.
- Place carrots on prepared pan and drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup and honey. Sprinkle with coriander, sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread carrots out on pan in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then stir to redistribute. Return to oven and roast for another 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Carrots are finished when they are tender and some of the edges are caramelized.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and herbs over carrots and stir. Taste and season with a bit more sea salt and pepper, if needed.Transfer to a serving bowl and scatter with the pomegranate arils. Serve hot.
photo and recipe – thecafesucrefarine.com