- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces green beans
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted if desired
- Zest of a fresh lemon
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Sauté about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until light golden brown.
- Add mustard, honey and 3 tablespoons water. Stir to combine. Add green beans. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Add additional water as needed if glaze becomes too thick. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with almonds, lemon zest, and caramelized onions, if desired.
Tip: Substitute 2 teaspoons honey mustard in place of the Dijon mustard and honey.
recipe – target.com / photo – fosters-iga.com