adapted from recipe by twopeasandtheirpod.com
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction [from 1 cup balsamic vinegar]
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. If using refrigerated pizza dough, remove dough from refrigerator and allow dough to come to room temperature while oven preheats.
- While the dough is adjusting to room temperature, make the balsamic reduction. Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the vinegar has reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside, and cool to room temperature.
- Place pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll pizza dough out into a circle. Make a thicker crust along edges of pizza. Brush olive oil evenly over the dough. Arrange mozzarella slices evenly over dough and top with sliced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle basil over pizza. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove pizza from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Cut into slices and serve warm.