adapted from recipe by diethood.com
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound farfalle [bowtie] pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup basil leaves, packed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella [if desired]
- balls of fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a stockpot, combine water, olive oil, pasta, halved tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 11 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is thoroughly cooked and water reduced. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir in shredded mozzarella cheese [if using]; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with balls of fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.