adapted from recipe by twopeasandtheirpod.com
- 22 ounces frozen cheese ravioli / or tortellini / or penne pasta
- 2 Half Sticks (1/2 cup) Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Extra basil for garnish, optional
- homemade marinara sauce, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and cook ravioli or other pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- While the ravioli is cooking, make the butter sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until tender, about two minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the pasta in a serving bowl. Pour basil butter sauce over the pasta and stir gently to combine. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, extra basil, and marinara if desired. Serve immediately.