Last week, I had the pleasure of observing Dr. Alby [my cohort leader] and Ms. Schipani. While “circulating the classroom,” I saw the following words of wisdom posted on the wall next to Ms. Schipani’s desk and was in awe. I also hope to take this with me into my classroom.
To be an Effective Teacher:
- Take care of myself and my needs: get enough sleep and rest; eat well; pause pray, and meditate; take breaks.
- Don’t try to do it all. It’s okay to only do a little bit at times.
- Remember I am no longer running the show.
- Ask for the next thought or action-“Thy will be done.”
- Show students I care. This is more important than great lesson planning.