- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup white Karo syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Combine sugar, Karo syrup and water in heavy saucepan.
- Cook slowly to soft ball stage.
- Add to beaten egg white, one tablespoons at a time, until half of syrup is used.
- Cook remaining syrup to firm ball stage.
- Add to egg whites.
- Beat until mixture loses its glossiness.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Drop onto waxed paper to cool.
- Store in refrigerator or cool place.
recipe: The Martins // photo: thedomesticrebel.com