- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Cook and crumble ground meat with onions in a very large skillet until meat is cooked through. Do not drain. You’ll need to select a skillet large enough to contain all the cabbage – divide everything evenly into two skillets if necessary.
- While meat and onions are cooking cut cabbage into thin shreds; set aside. I cut mine in half lengthwise, set the cut side flat on the cutting board then thinly sliced the cabbage into strips.
- Peel carrots with a vegetable peeler then either dice small or use the peeler to shave off thin slices; set aside.
- Combine garlic, ginger, pepper, sesame oil, vegetable oil and soy sauce in a small bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Add cabbage and carrots to ground meat then cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture then stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Recipe makes approximately 4-6 servings.
photo and recipe: southyourmouth.com